ROYAL CANIN® VETERINARY DIET CANINE RENAL SUPPORT DRY DOG FOOD
Dogs with CKD can often have waxing and waning appetites because of their illness. Since pets rely on more than just taste when determining what they will eat, ROYAL CANIN® RENAL SUPPORT diets include several aromatic profiles along with kibble texture, shape and size that can help stimulate decreased appetites.
Because of the unique condition associated with CKD, this product is available in multiple aromatic profiles, in both wet [A-Aromatic, F-Flavorful, S-Savory] and dry [D-Delectable, E-Enticing, T-Tasty] food, the diets can also be easily mixed or rotated to provide multiple feeding options.
Hence, there are 3 dry and 3 wet options available, providing 9 different feeding combinations.
All RENAL products have similar nutritional profiles,thereby easing the transition when introducing product rotations without concern for digestive upset.
Click here to view feeding combinations based on the dry options A, S, F as well as the wet options E,T,D.
Finally, Renal Support is a high energy and highly digestible diet for dogs and was formulated with low protein and low phosphorus levels.
Nutrition to Support Renal Health
Formulated with optimal nutrient levels, including low protein and phosphorus, a complex of antioxidants, and also EPA/DHA.
Customized palatability profile designed for individual preferences.
HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOUR PET IS SICK
Just like their owners, pets can become ill with anything from a minor virus to something more dangerous with serious complications. Since your pet cannot tell you what’s wrong, you should keep an eye out for certain symptoms. Always consult with your veterinarian if you ever suspect your pet may be ill.
- Watch for excessive drooling or bad breath.
- Listen for excessive coughing or honking.
- Keep a close eye on any sores or lumps.
- Take your pets’s temperature.
- Pay attention to changes in your pet's behavior (increase or decrease in appetite or thirst, hyperactivity or noticeably lowered energy levels).
Evaluating Your Pet’s Diet
Watch for excessive drinking: Monitor the amount of water your pet drinks daily. If you notice any big changes in this amount, take note. Drinking too much or too little can indicate a problem that requires veterinary attention.
Rule out everyday reasons such as strenuous play or a hot day.
If you notice your pet drinking much more than normal for a consecutive week, see your vet.
Track your pet’s appetite: Changes in appetite, especially those that lead to weight loss or gain, can indicate illness. Unexpected weight loss or gain should always be met with a trip to the vet.
In the short term, loss of appetite for your pet can be a sign of fever, pain, or stress, as well as many other possible reasons.
If the loss of appetite is combined with any other noticeable symptoms, you should see a vet immediately.
Pay special attention to digestive upsets: Vomiting or diarrhea is a reason for concern with your pet. These symptoms can be a sign of anything from swallowing a sharp object to ulcers to parasites.
Single instances of vomiting or diarrhea are not necessarily a cause for concern.
Repeated instances,especially lasting more than twenty-four hours,require a vet.
Blood, in either vomit or diarrhea, can be a serious symptom and needs treatment as soon as possible.
For similar topics, visit the resource center page on this site.
- Suitable for cats and dogs over six weeks of age.
- Removes dirt with out stripping natural oils and Veterinarian recommended for regular bathing
- Helps relieve itching that may be caused by hot spots, flea bites, dermatitis, rashes and skin allergies
- Very effective deodorant shampoo and excellent grooming aid
- Natural product made in the USA
- Helps maintain digestive health
- Supports high energy needs
- Kibble helps reduce tartar formation
- Supports healthy immune system
- 100% Complete and Balanced Nutrition
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- The Versatile Kennel that's sure to make an impression
- The perfect kennel for pet owners looking for an outdoor dog run or an indoor exercise pen
- By removing a pin, the Courtyard Kennel can be easily transformed to a portable 18 foot fence. And, since the panels can be disassembled flat for easy storage
- Keeps pets away from danger and gives them a "yard" of their own
- No exposed screws, wires or pins to injure your pet
- Provides breathing room and visibility for your pet
- Offers an easy way to manage your pet regardless of your surroundings
- Easy to transport
- Easy to set up, take down and store
- The Very Best Quality
- For use in dogs only.
- Stops stool eating!
- Helps deter dogs from consuming their stools.